Pope Francis along with the Roman Curia officials is going to leave the Vatican for the retreat of annual Lenten. The unknown fact here is, the retreat leader. Because it hasn’t been decided yet that who is going to be the retreat leader.
Along with it, the Vatican has not provided the details related to the commemoration of Mass of the Lord’s supper. The Pope has made it prominent that he will celebrate the Mass and foot washing ritual in one of the following places;
- A prison
- Detention Center
- Refugee Center
- Rehabilitation Facility
The Vatican has made the Pope’s schedule official and here is it;
- On March 6, which is going to be the Ash Wednesday. Procession will start from Rome’s church of St. Anselm to Basilica of Santa Sabina for the sole purpose for mass with the obligation of ashes.
- On March 10-15, at the Pauline Father’s retreat center in Ariccia the Lenten retreat with Roman Curia will take place.
- On March 29, penitent liturgy in St. Peter’s Basilica will take place.
- On March 30-31, trip to Morocco will be taken.
- On April 14, which is going to be Palm Sunday. The Mass in St. Peter’s square will take place.
- On April 18, Chrism mass will be held in St. Peter’s Basilica.
- On April 19, which is going to be Good Friday, ‘liturgy of the Lord’s passion’ in St. Peter’s Basilica will take place. ‘Always the Way of Cross’ in Rome’s Colosseum will take place on the same day.
- On April 20, Easter Vigil Mass will be held in St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Finally, on April 21, Easter morning mass will be held in St. Peter’s Square. It is going to be followed by the Pope’s blessing at noon from the central balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Leave a Reply