Easter is all about colorful events and joyous feasts wherever you are placed. The fun can be doubled by adding multiple Easter games and activities. Whether you are looking for Easter games for church or for school, you’ve landed on the right page.
Before we start sharing our fun collection of games, be sure that you are ready for this thrilling idea of making the most of your Easter 2019 holiday.
1. Egg Hunt Relay
This is one of the family activities that are going to test the detective in you. Also, adding a little competition.
Here’s how to play this fun game:
- Divide the total number of people into two groups, named A and B
- You need to have sufficient eggs for all the team members
- Hide the eggs on different spots
- One member from each group goes out on a hunt
- If the first member has found his egg only then the second member can go on hunt.
This way, the first team to find all the eggs wins the game.
2. Easter Egg Hunt
Easter egg hunt is one of the most played family Easter games. It is similar to ‘Easter hunt relay’ except there are no eggs to find but. The ‘treasure hunt’ is the main theme of this game.
It gets better – you leave little hints about hidden treasure in plastic eggs.
Are you excited to know how to play this superb game? Here you go:
- Take a basket and 10 plastic eggs
- Fill the basket with goodies or chocolates
- Write at least 10 interlinked hints on pieces of paper regarding treasure’s location
- Put one hint in each plastic egg and hide them on different spots
Now, it’s up to you how many twists and turns you want to add in this curiosity creating game.
The more you spice it up, the more it will be fun.
3. Easter Egg Rolling Race
Easter egg rolling race is a traditional game. It is the perfect spring outdoor Easter game for older kids.
Let’s dive in straight away:
- Hard boil eggs according to the number of participants
- Take wooden sticks and create lanes for each of the racer
- Create a start and finish line
- As the race starts, racers will move the hard-boiled eggs with a wooden stick
- First one to reach the finish line will win the race
The key element – the winning prize.
It’s pretty obvious once you think about it. Greater the incentive, greater the competition and fun.
4. Easter Egg Decoration
For all the grown-ups reading, don’t worry we won’t let you pass on the fun. We have a game with eggs for youth that is all about colors.
Here’s all you have to do:
- You can either choose hard-boiled eggs or plastic egg canvas. Choice would be yours
- Provide a box of coloring tools for all the participants
- Set a time limit for the competition
- After the time is up, the best egg decoration wins
To make the competition fair, have a group of people who can vote for the best egg pattern.
5. Easter Egg Lawn Bowling
There is nothing better than playing outdoor games in your own backyard. Easter egg lawn bowling is the perfect way to do it.
Sounds interesting, right?
Here’s, how it goes:
- Hard-boiled eggs according to the number of participants
- Keep an extra hard-boiled egg and leave it white
- Paint the rest of the eggs with different colors
- Slide the white egg randomly in lawn
- Give each participant a colored egg
- The one who slides his/her egg closest to the white egg wins the competition
But wait – there’s more to go
The participant who breaks the egg while sliding it, gets eliminated.
Now, the odds make it even more exciting.
6. Easter Egg-ercise
Strange name, isn’t it?
Well, the name says it all. Easter egg-ercise is a great game for the office. You don’t have to do anything except:
- Take plastic eggs according to the number of participants
- Write different actions in small pieces of paper such as singing, dancing and other fun activities
- Put one paper in one egg
- Place them in a box and try your luck
The catch here is that everyone is willing to do whatever is written on the paper.
Otherwise, what’s the fun in playing?
7. The Sweet Rope
As you can guess from the name, this exciting game involves sweets without which Easter is incomplete. Whether you’re a kid or an adult, you will definitely love this game.
So, let’s begin:
- Take your favorite doughnuts from the store
- Pass the rope from the doughnuts and tie it in a way that it is elongated perfectly
- The participants have to eat the doughnuts without using hands
- First one to finish the doughnut triumphs
8. Keep The Balance
For all the parents with hyper-active kids out there, we’ve got your back. This egg and spoon race is where you can put your kid’s physical abilities to test.
Don’t worry, it is filled with fun.
Let me tell you how it’s done:
- Take number of spoons and wooden eggs according to the participants
- Draw a start and finish line
- Each participant has to carry the wooden egg on a spoon
- First one to make it to the finish line, takes the winning prize
Moreover, to add a little spice in the game. Make the participants hold the spoon in their mouths.
9. Guess the Same Egg
To put your sensory skills to use, this game is exactly what you need. The idea is to find the same Eggs without opening them up.
Wait! I’ll explain
- Take a number of plastic eggs from the store
- Divide the plastic eggs in a number of pairs
- Place similar things in one pair but different from another pair. For instance, place coins in one pair and place candies in the other
- Let the participants get their chance one by one
- Whoever orders the pair correctly, wins the game
10. Get the Egg
This game is somewhat similar to ‘capture the flag’. Here’s how:
- Divide the total number of participants into two teams i.e. Team A and B
- Take 10 plastic eggs, paint 5 in one color and remaining 5 in other color
- Hide team A’s eggs in Team B’s field and do the same on the other end
- The team who finds all their eggs before the other, wins the game
And here’s a fun twist,
If a player gets tagged by player of another team, he will get eliminated.
So, there are two ways to win this game. Either find all your eggs or be the last one standing. It’s up to you.
11. Easter Eggs and the Fox
Are you cunning as a fox? Or can you outrun your friend? There is only one way to find out and that is by playing this game.
Let me show you, how to play this fun game:
- A player decides to be a fox while the rest of them are eggs
- The players who are eggs decide which color they want to choose
- A running route is determined which will be used later
- The color the fox guesses, needs to step forward
- After coming forward, he needs to say the name of the color and run
- If the fox catches the egg, the player who was egg before becomes the fox
- This way the play continues
There’s no real winning here except the fact that it is one of the most enjoyable outdoor games ever played.
12. Toss the Egg
This game requires raw eggs. Meaning it’s going to get messy.
Although it could get messy but you can always take pre-cautionary measures. Such as put up a plastic bag over the clothes of children. Because you are not going to find a more exciting game for toddlers.
Let’s get the fun started:
- Make a team of two members, preferably pair a young one with a grown up
- The two members of the team stand at a number of specific footsteps
- Team-mates start tossing the egg to one another
- After every successful catch, the team-mates move one step backward
Let’s not forget, the team to break the egg is disqualified. Similarly, the one team left wins the competition.
Easter games are a perfect way to spend quality time with your loved ones. It doesn’t matter if you are a child or an adult. With our top 12 games, you are going to fall in love with every single minute of Easter.
So, go ahead and share the love with your little ones.
Don’t forget to check out the Easter dates of this first half century.