Easter bonnets are probably the most prominent accessory you can wear on Easter. Whether you’re going for an Easter bonnet parade or an Easter outdoor brunch, Easter bonnet doesn’t get out of fashion. This Easter 2019, before you decide which Easter dress to wear, make sure you’ve got the perfect Easter bonnet to go with it.
There are plenty of Easter bonnets you’re going to find in stores but,
Here’s a secret – a custom made Easter Bonnet beats them all.
If you’re up for this fun-filled task to make your own customized Easter bonnet, we’ve got the right ones for you.
1. Bunny in a Flowerpot
Starting with the ever-famous ‘bunny in a flowerpot’ hat. You’re going to look like a magician walking down the aisle with a bunny in a hat- the right kind of Easter bonnet.
Things you’re going to need to make this hat include;
- Toy Rabbit
- Crepe Papers in green and pink color
- Flower pot
- Sun hat
Here are the steps you need to follow, to make a handsome looking Easter Bonnet for adults.
- Cut off the bottom of the flower pot
- Place it over the head of the hat
- Now fill the hat with the green crape papers and put the rabbit inside the pot
- To give it a finishing touch, place pink crepe all over the hat
You have a great Easter bonnet that you can flaunt in front of the crowd.
2. Easter Egg Cup
If you want to stand out among your friends wearing an Easter bonnet, ‘Easter egg cup’ is the perfect way to do it.
To make Easter Egg Cup, you need:
- Plastic Eggs
- A plastic hat
- Crepe papers of the color of your choice
Using above tools, here is how you can make your own ‘Easter Egg Cup’;
- Dye the plastic eggs in the color of your choice and let them dry
- After the eggs are dried. Cut them in half using a hot knife
- Apply glue on the boundaries of the hat and attach the egg halves all around the cap
- Glue the crepe paper in individual circles around the cap
Once, you’ve rounded the hat completely with crepe papers. You’ve got yourself the perfect ‘Easter Egg cup’ for Easter.
3. Easter Bird Bonnet
Easter bird bonnet is an ideal Easter hat for adults out there. It’s pretty simple yet really beautiful. Firstly, you’re going to need certain things;
- Little bird toys
- Pink crepes
- Little pieces of cotton
- A hat with a big base
- Rabbit toy
After you’ve acquired all of the above materials, follow the below steps to make an attractive Easter bird bonnet:
- Color the cotton pieces by pouring little drops of color solution on it
- You can dry the cotton pieces with a blow-dryer
- Stick the cotton pieces to the hat, randomly
- Curve the base of the hat upwards making a dome shape
- Attach the bird toys by applying glue to the curved base of the hat
- Randomly glue the crepe papers in between the bird toys
There you have it, a wonderful Easter bird bonnet.
4. Easter Bunny Bonnet
For all the little girls out there, there’s an excellent opportunity for you to make an Easter bunny bonnet.
It is as fun as it is adorable. To surprise your friends with this Easter bonnet, you need;
- Hard paper sheet
- White chart paper
- A plastic hat
- Downloaded and printed images of bunny eyes from google
Let’s get down to business;
- Draw two bunny ears on hard paper sheet
- Cut the drawing neatly to shape out bunny’s ears
- Attach those bunny ears vertically to the side of the hat
- Apply glue on the front of the hat and place the printed bunny eyes on it
Wear this cute little Easter bunny bonnet proudly.
5. Egg-Cellent Easter Bonnet
If you want to surprise your kid on Easter 2019, make this ‘Egg-cellent Easter bonnet’. It is bound to make them jump in excitement.
It is very convenient to make, all you require is:
- Chart papers in orange, green and light pink color
- Some plastic eggs
Here’s how you can make this amazing Easter bonnet:
- To make the top of the hat, roll the orange sheet paper in a cone and apply glue on the joint
- Cut the green chart paper into small strips and attach it on the wider side of the cone
- Draw a rough drawing of a bunny and paste it on the front of the cone
- To make the bunny look funnier, cut out little thin strips from paper and join it horizontally near the nose of the bunny
We bet you thought it wouldn’t turn out this amazing.
The tradition of wearing fancy Easter bonnets has been going on since decades. So, participate in the Easter bonnet competition, wearing one of these DIY Easter bonnets.